Saturday 18 September 2010

flat tyres, photoshoots and boots!

So here's what happened the rest of the week! for my 21st I recieved the gift of a photoshoot session in order for me to put together a portfolio and i'd booked it for last thursday. The day started off great I got up extra early to get my hair and make-up done so I could skyp my brother who's in Australia before I went. hair and make-up done, my brother decides to delay the convo by half an hour, not so bad as that gave me time to get some food in me and watch some tv! had a great convo with him and a really nice catch-up, so nice that I didn't realise that I had only left myself 5 minutes to get the rest of myself ready; brush teeth, get bag of make-up, mirror and clothes ready. Sarah then phones me to let me know she's arrived (she was my support/entourage for the day!) after running around like a lunatic trying to find my keys it turned out my mum's boyf had taken them out with him, but luckily returned soon enough. So already five minutes late Sarah and I get into my car and set off... only to find that I have a flat tyre! luckily I live next to a petrol station so I pulled in there and decided to turn back , not before some strange man knocks on my window telling me I can't drive with a flat tyre; I can't change a tyre, he cant change a tyre so really he's just wasting my time! So I drive back to my house and leave the car in the drive (thank God Sarah has hers!). Attempt number two we set off once more. The next obstical was getting into the town centre to find it's market day and all of the carpark is taken up with fruite and veg stalls and cheap cleaning products! But once we'd found a nearby road to park and got to the studio the photographer got me a glass of water, and Sarah a well deserved cup of tea, the photoshoot was a success! Or so I hope Iv not seen the final product yet, but either way it was probably the most stressful yet fun time i've had for a while!

Also, today was my first day at work. Once again I got up extra early to miss out anymore stressful running around. The day seemed to go well; I arrived nice and early (got to make a good impression on your first day) and had to go through some tedious training, health and safety, customer service, that kind of stuff. Then I got some experience working on the shop floor, I even managed to sell a pair of leather boots and recieved commision for them, get me! And thankfully everybody I'm working with seems to be really nice, although i'm hoping they're not just putting on an act for good first impressions,but im pretty certain they are nice people! And also, get this for a job, part of my job today was trying on most of the clothes to understand the different fits and styles. Not bad ey?!

So that's what's happened in the last week, although I hope I don't have this kind of stress again, it wouldn't be bad for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment