Thursday 7 October 2010

Farewell Betsy!

Today is a sad day. I took Betsy, my gorgeous little blue Peugeot 106, in for it's M.O.T. the other day and I recieved the horrific news that it failed due to serious corrosion on the body work which I was told would cost about £300 to fix. So being the old lil car it is my mum and I came to the conclusion that there would be no point in paying all that money to fix her when you can buy another one for almost the same price. We've been through a lot have Betsy and I; she started off as mums little get about, then when my brother passed his test she was there for him when he wanted to whisk his girlfriends off for romantic get-aways and for the past 3 years I have had the delight of using her during my gap year and at University. So I've given her a good old hoovering out and tidy up and i'll be driving her back to mums on saturday to keep her there untill we decide what to do next. On a positive note i'll be walking to uni everyday now and I suppose it will keep me fit, on a negative note... I will be walking to uni everyday! many people take having a car for granted but I loved that little thing and the freedom she gave me! But I guess it's time to move. I think Mark's getting a little worried about just how distraught I am about losing my car, he's afraid I love it more than him! which I don't...but lets just say she was very reliable and never answerd back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment